Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9.11



I was in seventh grade when I heard about the devastating event of the Twin Towers in New York. The memories I have of the incident are so dull. I was sitting in History class. Unbeknownst to what was happening, Mrs. R turned on the TV. I remember the small screen displaying live feed from New York. Smoke and flames filled it up. I was afraid, but unaware of how big of an issue the incident really was.

Two months ago, in July, I went to New York for the first time in my life. I made sure Ground Zero would be a part of my "To see" during my trip. Unfortunately, time was tight so I was unable to actually see the memorial pool. I was able to snap a few photos of the "scene" and the ongoing process of the new towers that were being built to be taller and stronger than before. In the corner of one street was a closed out area. A small window was provided for people to peek through and see the evidence of what was left behind from the horrific incident. Literally standing in the area where it all happened was so overwhelming. It all felt so surreal.

I have paid my respect every year to the lost ones of 9.11. However, this year felt different. While listening to the radio this morning, they played audio clips of phone calls and live reports. I was sensitive to the subject before, but this year was different. Tears were forming in the corners of my eyes. Perhaps because I have a live memory of the surroundings. I stepped foot in the area. As the audio clips were playing, I pictured myself in the are with them witnessing the entire thing. Of course I cannot even begin to imagine the imagery, horror, and helplessness they all felt; but have seen a small fraction of the little evidence that was left, it hurt enough to feel some pain.

Although I have no personal relation to anyone who fell victim of the September 11, 2001 attack, my heart, thoughts, and prayers truly and whole heartily go out to those who lost their lives or a loved one in the incident. God bless.

1 comment:

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the sub/dude said...

...yet, if God’s the Dealer, we’re mere poker players, able to ‘roll-the-dice’ with FAITE ACCOMPLI (French: deed is done), come what may; nevertheless, you’ll loooove our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seed for YOU to grow to great heights!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN WISK:

Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins (fluent-in-sarcasm), guhroovaliciousnessly-delicious-endorphin-rush, pleasure-beyond-measure, UltraIdyllic, FirepowerAddiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-some-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES …with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-Our Lord to Saint Gertrude