Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Sweet Taste of my Culture.



I have been so busy with everything going on in life, I finally found some extra time Friday morning. I baked the cake and made the marshmallow fondant the night before. I bought white already-made fondant from the store just in case I did not make enough. In the end, I ended up using only the store bought one. That was fine by me, because yay, time for another baking project!

I screwed up a little part of it. After I placed the base fondant on the cake, I realized I forgot to add color in to make it purple. I had to brush it on using food coloring and a tiny bit of water. That is why the base is glossy. The other colors are fine because I remembered to add the color in and re-kneaded it. Other than that, I am prettyhappy with the end results. Not too shabby for it being my first time using fondant full-on to design cake. I've used it before to decorate cupcakes, but not a full round cake. My cousin, Chia, is decorating a Hmong-inspired cake for her little sister's birthday. Friday was practice for me and to help give her an idea of what she may like to add to her design.

No comments: